Dr. Gordon’s approach to psychotherapy is empathic, goal-directed, and collaborative. She strives to create a therapeutic environment in which patients feel comfortable and understood. Dr. Gordon works with each patient to identify the thoughts and behaviors that are maintaining his or her symptoms and uses a variety of cutting-edge techniques to achieve both quick symptom relief and long-lasting change. Her goal is to create a warm and supportive space where patients can learn new skills to transform their lives.
Areas of Expertise
Dr. Gordon treats adults with a wide variety of concerns including:
- Anxiety Disorders (e.g. panic attacks, phobias, social anxiety, generalized anxiety, worry, and OCD)
- Sleep Difficulties (e.g. insomnia and nightmares)
- Mood Disorders (e.g. depression and bipolar disorder)
- Trauma (including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Relational problems (e.g. relational conflict and/or dissatisfaction, grief/loss, breakups/divorce, role transitions)
- Stress management and coping skills
Dr. Gordon specializes in providing evidence-based psychotherapy using techniques that have been demonstrated to be effective in psychological research. She tailors treatment to each individual patient and draws on a variety of modalities including:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment therapy (ACT)
- TEAM psychotherapy- a CBT based treatment approach developed by David Burns, MD, at Stanford University
- Motivational Interviewing
Dr. Gordon has extensive experience working with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds and sexual orientations and welcomes people from diverse backgrounds into her practice.
Education and Training
Dr. Gordon completed her bachelor’s degree in Psychology at Emory University and her doctorate in clinical psychology at the PGSP-Stanford Psy.D. Consortium. During her graduate career, Dr. Gordon trained in a variety of clinical settings, including the Palo Alto VA, the UCSF Alliance Health Project, Kaiser Permanente Richmond, and San Jose State University Counseling Services. Dr. Gordon also conducted clinical research in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University School of Medicine.
Dr. Gordon regularly attends conferences and participates in consultation groups to ensure that she is up-to-date on the latest effective psychotherapy techniques. She is also a member of several professional organizations, including:
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT)
- San Francisco Psychological Association (SFPA)
- Bay Area Open Minds
- Northern California CBT Network (NCCBT)
Services and Contact
As of September 1, 2015, Dr. Gordon will be practicing independently and will no longer be working as a psychological assistant of Dr. Sze. To learn more about her services, please visit her website or contact her directly.
870 Market Street, Suite 915
San Francisco, CA 94102
944 Market Street, Suite 510
San Francisco, CA 94102